Following are a list of massages and services provided by Iyasu Massage Therapy:
- Shiatsu: form of Japanese massage in which fingers are pressed onto particular points of the body (acupressure points) to ease aches, pain, tension, fatigue and symptoms of diseases by removing blockages in the flow of energy.
- Japanese Hot Stone: relieves stress by balancing the Ki-energy to restore and improves health and deep penetrating to reduce significant back, neck and muscle tension.
- Reflexology: stimulates points on the feet and hands that correspond to some other parts of the body such as glands, organs. It can improve general health, reduce stress and increase energy.
- Therapeutic Swedish: general systemic massage of soft tissues (muscles, ligaments, and tendons). It increases joint flexibility and blood circulation, improves the immune system, reduces pain and stress, and induces a state of deep relaxation.
- Deep Tissue ( Myofascial release, Neuromuscular, Trigger point, Myotherapy) : releases the acute and chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep pressure on contacted area.
- Ito-Thermie Therapy: combines light massage with infrared heat applied by two small cylinders to stimulate the immune, digestive or hormone system, or to help balance the autonomic nervous system.
- Sports Massage: can be used to ready the muscles for strenuous activity or to assist the body in recovering from the aftereffects of such an activity.
- Aromatherapy: essential oils are beneficial both inhalation of the scent, which affects the limbic system, skin, nervous system, grand and muscles.
- Pre-Post Natal: can help relieve problems such as backaches, sleeplessness, edema, headaches, and foster a more relaxed state of mind. Post-Natal massage can hasten the reduction of fluid retention, reduce cellulite, and help to tone up the body.
- Massage for Cancer, Mastectomy: for many individuals with cancer, massage therapy can be highly beneficial. It can help reduce pain, stress, and anxiety as well as improve mood, induce relaxation and a positive effect on well being.
- Manual Lymph Drainage: a gentle manual treatment technique that improves the activity of the lymph vascular system and helps eliminate waste product, toxins, medication residue and other chemicals that are lodged in the body's tissues. It is also helpful for fibromyalgia and other autoimmune condition, pre-post plastic surgery, edema, migraine headaches.
- Complete Decongestive Therapy: In case of scar tissue or lymph nodes removal, this therapy can help reroute the lymphatic fluid pathway to establish new collectors to remove lymph load.
- Iyasu Signature Massage: combines several blends of the above modalities and you will be melt in the hands of well trained and experienced Therapist.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) : locates the area of adhesion in the soft tissue involved, breaks-up the abnormal cross linkages between muscle, tendon, or fascia and rehabilitate the injured area to its optimal function.
- Lypossage / Cellulite / Natural Face Lift: a natural body contouring treatment that will help you reshape your figure without invasive surgery. Figure imbalances like cellulite and bulges on the thighs, abdomen, and buttocks respond readily to Lypossage. Face, neck and head area to experience a great “natural face lift”. Anti-aging, detoxifing modality and helps with muscle tone, lymphatic drainage and circulation.
- Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques (MAT): chronic reflex muscle spasms caused by joint dysfunction, including Myofascial Mobilization, Structural Integration, Manipulative Osteopathy, and Muscle Energy Techniques (MET). The Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques program was developed by Dr. Erik Dalton as a tool to help relieve neck/ back pain epidemic. By incorporating muscle-balancing techniques with joint-mobilization maneuvers, and correct dysfunctional strain patterns before they become pain patterns. Combining muscle and joint modalities increase therapeutic efficiency; and provide clients with pain relief.
A Variety of Customized Massages are Available
More information on massage therapy can be found on these sites:
American Massage Therapy Association
Academy of Lymphatic Study
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
Certified Myoskeletal Alignment Therapist